As for makeup artists, we often have to recreate iconic celebrity looks. Whether it’s for Halloween or a themed event, mastering the popular Marilyn Monroe makeup is a must-have skill. Perfectly recreating this look can be highly marketable and profitable for any MUA! If you want to know the simple steps behind this famous makeup look, then follow along:
Step 1: Eyeshadow
In the 1950s, Hollywood was all about subtle eyeshadows.
- For the eyes, we will need pigmented white and silver eyeshadows.
- Using a flat brush, place the white shadow all over the crease and lid areas.
- With your clean finger, simply dab the silver eyeshadow pigment on the middle crease.
Step 2: Chalky Powder
Let’s keep our makeup base matte with the magic of powder.
- Take a fluffy blush brush and your go-to translucent powder.
- Place the powder on your cheeks, nose, and forehead.
- The less shiny the face, the better!
Step 3: Pink Blush
Now, we need a pop of color!
- For the cheeks, let’s use a bright pink blush shade.
- With a blush brush, apply the pink pigment to the apples of your cheeks.
- A pro tip is to keep the pigment focused on the center of the cheeks.
Step 4: Eyeliner
The Marilyn Monroe look can’t be complete without the iconic eyeliner!
- For this step, take your black liquid eyeliner.
- Starting at the inner corners, draw a thin line across your upper lash line.
- Finally, add the classic cat-eye wing to the outer corners.
Step 5: Lipliner and Lipstick
Along with the cat-eye wing, the Monroe look is all about the red lip!
- Take a vibrant red lip liner and begin lining your lips’ borders.
- Next, fill in the lips using the same lip liner.
- Make sure you cover each corner of the lip!
Step 6: Monroe Mole
We are almost done with our Marilyn look!
- Using a dark brown or black eyeliner pencil, dot a small mole above your top lip.
- The Monroe mole will take your makeup look to the next level!
Step 7: Red Glossy Lipstick
Now, it’s time for our final step!
- Let’s complete our Marilyn Monroe makeup with red glossy lipstick.
- Take your favorite red lipstick and coat your lips with bold pigment.
- Finish the look by dabbing off the excess gloss using blotting paper.
Leave a Reply Cancel Reply