Exfoliating the skin is a great way to bring radiance back to the face. Let’s explore specific exfoliation routines that work best on different skin types.
Oily Skin Exfoliation- Every Day
- Oily skin is mostly characterized by shiny areas, visible pores and some waxiness in texture.
- Exfoliating every day can help remove some of the waxiness and open clogged pores.
- Exfoliate your face in the morning and at night before bed for a period of time to see optimal results!
Dry Skin Exfoliation- 1-2 Times A Week
- Patchy areas, dry flakes and uneven texture are signature traits of dry skin.
- Exfoliating the skin is the perfect way to clear away dead skin cells and create an even texture.
- The key is to exfoliate 1 – 2 times a week, so as to not irritate the face or increase the natural dryness.
Combination Skin Exfoliation – 2-3 Times A Week
- Just as the name suggests, combination skin has traits of both oily and dry skin.
- Clogged pores, waxy and dry areas, and patchiness may be seen in combination skin types.
- Exfoliating 2-3 times a week can help alleviate oily areas of the face and get rid of dry flakes.
Sensitive Skin Eexfoliation – 1-2 Times A Week
- As sensitive skin is known to break out and flare up easily, it’s important to not over-exfoliate it.
- The best way to avoid skin irritation or extra sensitivity is to exfoliate only 1-2 times a week.
- This exfoliation routine will rejuvenate the face and help avoid any unnecessary irritation
Leave a Reply