When it comes to common skincare mistakes, most of us are no strangers! The good news is – we all have experience with what not to do to our delicate skin. If your skincare routine has been feeling lackluster or if you want to take your skincare game to the next level, then you’ve come to the right place!
Let’s check out some of the most 6 common skincare mistakes and how to avoid and fix these mistakes in the future!
Growing up, face wipes were the go-to products for removing our makeup.
- Regularly using face wipes can actually irritate your skin and result in breakouts or extra sensitivity.
- Face wipes do not cleanse the skin thoroughly and can leave makeup residue!
- Along with having a harsh texture, face wipes are not eco-friendly and can be easily replaced with face cleansers and toners.
Too Much Exfoliation
As much as we love to exfoliate our skin, we should avoid scrubbing our faces too often!
- Skin exfoliation removes the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin and allows for new skin cells to be produced.
- Over exfoliation can be very drying and can lead to skin redness and soreness.
- Exfoliating 1-2 twice a week is the golden line!
Wrong Water Temperature
Did you know, that using the wrong water temperature can also affect our skin?
- When washing the face, it’s best to use lukewarm or slightly cold water.
- Too much heat can open up pores and invite bacteria in.
- Extra heat can also damage sensitive skin and lead to dryness and flakiness!
Not Checking Ingredients
Next, let’s talk about why we should always check the ingredients before purchasing new skincare products.
- Synthetic fragrances, Parabens, PEG and Formaldehyde are harmful chemical ingredients found in skincare products.
- These ingredients may be the cause of skin irritation, acne breakouts or dryness.
- Avoiding these chemicals can enhance your appearance and the overall health of your skin.
Washing Face Too Fast
Speaking of healthy skin, here’s an important skincare detail you should pay attention to.
- Cleansing and washing your face too fast or too aggressively can lead to skin irritation.
- The key to removing excess oil and build-up is to use gentle and slow circular motions.
- Remember, a good face cleansing routine should be around 1-3 minutes!
Makeup and Exercise
And lastly, we can’t forget about removing our makeup before our workout sessions begin!
- Keeping your makeup when exercising can actually cause particle build-up and clogged pores!
- As we sweat during workouts, our faces become exposed to oil, dirt and bacteria.
- Cleansing your face and removing your makeup is the best way to avoid this common skincare mistake!
And there we have it! By fixing these 6 common skincare mistakes, we can become skincare pros in no time! Are you interested to learn more about skin and makeup?
Leave a Reply