Your hair is your crowning glory. Look after it and it will shine for all the world to see. You don’t always need expensive treatments, or visits to a hair salon to manage your hair professionally. There’s so much you can do yourself.
1. For shiny, healthy hair think first of your body’s intake. Your hair is really just a reflection of what you are inside. A good balanced, nutritious and healthy diet will do more to make your hair shine than any shampoo or conditioner. And drink eight to ten glasses of water a day too; hair is 25% water, so don’t let yours go thirsty! For more on health and nutrition you can visit FitCrazy
2. Dry your hair after washing in the ambient temperature of your room after using an absorbent towel to soak up the excess moisture, but don’t rub hard. If possible, don’t use blow-drying, flat irons, curling irons or hot rollers unless you really need to or its a special occasion. Artificial heating will leave your
hair brittle and damaged in time. Be natural whenever you can or invest in a very good heat protectant.
3. Prevent unnecessary hair damage by using the right kind of hairbrush. Only comb wet hair with a wide-tooth comb, combing from end to root, but avoiding touching the root. Detangling wet hair with a hard steel comb can create a lot of damage, so don’t!
4. Remove trichoptlosis, or split ends, by visiting your hairstylist for a trim every once in a while.
5. Hair loss can be slowed, or even reversed by applying a few simple tips, though they probably won’t cure an underlying condition. Biotin can help to regenerate hair follicles: blend bananas with honey, yoghurt and low-fat milk, and drink it daily or invest in some biotin pills. Supplements such as Vitamin B6, zinc and saw palmetto will help too, but eliminating stress and getting plenty of sleep may work just as well.
6. Avoid dying your hair more than necessary as chemicals in the dyes can be harmful and using chemical dyes on your hair can cause hair loss. The chemicals can be to harsh on your hair and cause it to snap and break. Luckily this is just damage to the hair itself and not your scalp.Beware of damaging the scalp! Chemical burns can cause permanent damage to the scalp. This may result in long term hair loss or thinning hair
Lastly, and one of my personal favorite hair secrets that I will share with you is Coconut Oil Hair Treatments at least once or twice a week. I love them! Give it a try, Instructions: Buy Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, place in a microwave safe dish and heat until oil is melted. Start at roots all the way down to the tips and leave in hair anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. You can also leave it on over night! Wash out regularly with your favorite shampoo and then conditioner, and voila.
We are all obsessed with our hair, whether we are 9 or 90, male or female. Look after yourself first and foremost and your hair will reflect that care and attention.
Leave a Reply