A single trip to the make up store can easily set you back hundreds of dollars. If you invest in good products that will truly make a positive difference in your look, then consider the money well spent. The problem is when you stock up on beauty products that you don’t use because you realize you don’t need them or worse, they’re the wrong beauty products for you.
Here is a list of the eight must-have items for your make-up kit. The specific brand you will choose will depend on your budget, your preferences and your skin type, but this should serve as your guideline as to what you really need. Following this list will save you from making unnecessary make-up purchases.
1. Tinted moisturizer – unless you’re going to a dinner party or a photo shoot, you don’t really need to pile on the makeup. Instead of using foundation (liquid or cake), purchase a good tinted moisturizer. Tinted moisturizers give your skin an even, clean, natural look. It also gives you the added benefit of moisturizing your skin.
2. Tweezers – there is nothing like clean brows to give your face an instant face-lift. With the right brow shape, your face can look young and clean. The best tweezers are relatively cheap so they will probably be the cheapest must-have in your make-up kit. Good tweezers can last you many years.
3. Eyelash curler – Bright, clear, open eyes can make a big difference in a person’s look. Curled lashes help in showcasing beautiful eyes.
4. Blush – Healthy flushed cheeks can make a person look absolutely gorgeous, and can complete a person’s natural look. There are a number of blushes available in the market in different forms: powder, gel, pencil and others. Some products, even work as both cheek and lip tints.
5. Lipstick – Select a good shade of lipstick that can take you from day to night. You can get several shades of lipstick because there are plenty of inexpensive brands available, but you must have one lipstick shade that can work for all your outfits and for different occasions. Once you find a shade that works for your skin tone and your outfits, make sure to get a fresh tube as soon as it runs out. This lipstick will be your signature shade, something you donít have to think twice about putting on when youíre in a rush.
6. Eyeliner – eyeliners can be used to line eyelids or define eyebrows. It can make your eyes look bigger or smaller depending on your preference. Pencil eyeliners are great because they are inexpensive and they don’t drip.
7. Lip glosses – for days when you don’t feel like wearing make-up but can not step out of the house looking unkempt, lip gloss can add an instant “oomph” to your look. Lip glosses are also great when you need to do quick touch ups.
8. Mascara – applying mascara can make a person look extra glamorous with very little effort. Invest in a good mascara to give your eyes an instant “pop”. Mascaras are also great for when you want the more dramatic effect of smoky eyes.
Leave a Reply